Welcome to LifeAfterCubes (LAC)! This site chronicles our path into our life after cubicles — we share our travel stories, travel tips & tricks, and our entrepreneurial attempts to sustain our life after cubes lifestyle.
About Sharon and Jason
Sharon and Jason went to the same high school (Folsom High School), but ironically never knew each other. They met in college, at the University of California Santa Cruz (go Slugs!), but didn’t start dating until after college when Sharon obsessively followed Jason to San Jose (in actuality, Sharon moved to San Jose for a job).
After spending nearly 5 years toiling away for big companies in cubicles, they decided it was time for a change. October 19, 2009 began their life after cubicles with a one-way flight to Hong Kong.
Events Since Then
- Spent 4 straight months traveling through Vancouver, China, Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand.
- Settled down in South Korea for nearly 6 months — learning the language, taking taekwondo classes, eating amazing food, and volunteering with school kids.
- Launched their first start-up — Unanchor.com
- Helped launch a friend’s startup — KeysToChinaJobs.com
- Traveled to Indonesia, Singapore and Guam.
- Arrived back in the United States after a year of traveling
- Began planning our wedding
- Launched version 2.0 of Unanchor.com
- Jason & Sharon were married on February 12, 2011
- Spent a week in Hawaii for their honeymoon
- Moved back to South Korea where Sharon teaches English & Jason continues to work on his startup, Unanchor.com
- Jason organized and hosted “This Week in Startups, Seoul Meetup” episode